The three-aisled Neo-gothic hall church was built in Vaduz from 1869 to 1873 according to the design of the famous master builder Friedrich von Schmidt, who helped to complete the Cologne Cathedral, built the Vienna City Hall and a total of 125 religious buildings.
The high altar with the statues of the four evangelists was created in 1873 by the Josef Leimer art workshop in Vienna.
The glass paintings were designed in 1965/66 based on designs by Martin Häusle from Feldkirch. Since he died unexpectedly in 1966, he could only carry out a small part himself, namely the round window with the Trinity symbol and the windows in the side chapel. The other windows were done by his daughter Margarethe.
Friedrich von Schmidt.
Images taken: 2018-06-05
Map, address, and coordinates
Vaduz Cathedral, Sankt Florinsgasse 17, 9490 Vaduz, Liechtenstein